Inaugural ceremony of the 1st ArabWheels Awards 2015
Trace Media International launches its prestigious ArabWheels Awards for the automotive industry in the Middle East!
November 11th, 2015, Dubai-UAE: ArabWheels continued its dedication and commitment to the automotive industry and automotive enthusiasm, and exceeded all expectations with its first edition of the inaugural "ArabWheels Awards" 2015 (AWA), which was held at the H Hotel, 40Kong in Dubai. "ArabWheels Awards will be an annual award presented by ArabWheels' diverse medias - magazine, website, apps, web TV, and e-news - to recognize and acknowledge the latest and greatest of the automotive world", said Toni Eid, CEO of Trace Media International.
Commenting on the ArabWheels Awards, Issam Eid, Editor in Chief of ArabWheels said, "As a start, there is something really important I need to say tonight, although it might not be the right time; a special thanks to the CEO of my company! To be eligible for ArabWheels Awards, a car must be an "all-new" or "significantly facelifted" vehicle that has been for sale for three months prior to the announcement of the nominated vehicles. The ArabWheels Awards are divided by fifty percent of the jury members' votes and fifty percent of the readers' choice, via online voting (www.arabwheels.net). The ArabWheels Awards are judged by a panel of distinguished automotive industry experts, whose opinions are the most sought after in the region. They evaluate each vehicle based on ten key criteria."
The judges for the 1st ArabWheels Awards were Ralph R Debbas, Chairman/CEO of W Motors S.A.L, Nabil Moustafa, Managing Partner/Xclusive SARL for Automotive Events, Khaled Hammoud, Editor in Chief of Auto Info magazine, and Issam Eid, Editor in Chief of ArabWheels. Nazih Massoud, an automotive entrepreneur, was the guest of honor at the ArabWheels Awards ceremony.
The winners of the 1st ArabWheels Awards 2015 are:
- Compact Executive Performance: Mercedes CLA45 AMG
- Midsize Sedan: Hyundai Sonata
- Compact Executive Sedan: Jaguar XE
- Midsize Executive Sedan: Infiniti Q70
- Large Luxury Sedan: Bentley Mulsanne Speed
- Compact Utility Vehicle (CUV): Nissan Juke
- Compact SUV: Nissan X-Trail
- Compact Premium SUV: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Midsize Premium SUV: Volvo XC90
- Large SUV: GMC Yukon
- Large Premium SUV: Cadillac Escalade
- Premium Performance SUV: Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
- Midsize Pickup Truck: Toyota Hilux
- Large Pickup Truck: GMC Sierra
- Premium Hatchback: Volkswagen Golf R
- Compact Executive Coupe: BMW 4-Series
- Sports Coupe: Dodge Challenger
- Premium Sports Coupe: Audi TT
- Premium Performance Coupe: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Grand Tourer: Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe
- Super Car: Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
- Hyper Car: Ferrari LaFerrari
- Tire of the Year 2015 (TOTY): ContiSportContact™ 5 P
- CEO/MD of the Year 2015: Bruce Robertson, Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover, Middle East and Africa
- Car of the Year 2015 (COTY): Audi Q7
See you next year in 2016!